Commercial Removals – How to Minimise DisruptionPosted on 31 March, 2015 in
All commercial removals require a savvy strategy and a lot of pre-planning to make sure your move goes as smoothly as possible. If you’ve been tasked with coordinating the move of a business to a new premises and the thought of moving all those documents, equipment, and furniture safely and efficiently is making you break out in a panic-infused sweat – don’t worry!
We’ve been doing commercial removals for years and now we’re giving you the stress-free formula for moving your business with minimal disruption.
Start planning now
Time is your best friend when moving a business, and there’s no time like the present to start planning. The earlier you start, the more allowance you’ll give yourself for any unforeseen issues. The real problem is knowing where to start. The first thing you should do is establish what you intend to take and what you’re going to leave behind.
Hire an experienced project manager / removal company
Seriously, if you want a hassle-free move, this is a must. Whatever happens, it’s unlikely you’ll be able to move your business by yourself. Even if you can, you’d probably rather pay a pro than deal with that colossal stress, right?
Using the professional insight of a removal project manager will help you:
- Develop a realistic timeframe for moving
- Organise all of your files and sensitive documents so they remain intact
- Coordinate the disassembly and reassembly of furniture
- Establish who you need to contact now (e.g. – your IT and other service providers)
- Assess the floor plans and arrange the layout for your new premises
Having a professional on board who knows removals inside out will help you remain calm amongst the chaos of moving and ensure you’ve got all bases covered.
Choose the right removal company
Finding the right commercial removal company involves understanding your needs. You’ll need to consider:
- How important it is to keep all of your sensitive files, documents and equipment safe
- If you want to protect your items with insurance (all good removal companies will offer insurance)
- The timeframe you have and whether the removal company can complete the move in that time
- Whether the company is properly vetted and accredited by the Australian Furniture Removers Association (AFRA)
- The flexibility you need to minimise productivity issues and disruption to your business (i.e. – can the company move you outside of your regular office hours?)
Our golden nuggets of advice
We’ve been doing commercial removals in Darwin and Palmerston for well over a decade. We even move people and businesses across entire states. And the best advice we can give you is:
- Plan early, like right now early
- Organise your files, documents and equipment (label everything – it helps)
- Contact your service providers well in advance of your move (4-6 weeks at least)
- Seek professional help and advice (honestly, it will calm the storm)
- Get the floor plans for your new premises and decide where everything will go ahead of your move
- Use an AFRA accredited removal company (they will be fully insured to conduct commercial removals)
- If you start to panic, take five minutes out to go over the AFRA checklist to get back on track
Of course, you could always get in touch with one of our seasoned removal experts and let us lend you a helping hand. Not only are we AFRA accredited and fully insured, but we’re also incredibly friendly, can help you plan everything, and know commercial removals like the back of our hands!
Call us today on 08 8931 1133 if you need help with an upcoming move.