Insuring Your Move with Top End RemovalsPosted on 08 July, 2015 in
When you’re in the process of moving, the last thing you want to think about is damage to your belongings. Of course, if accidental damage were to happen, are your belongings and furniture protected? This is why insurance is so important for what you own – even when you’re moving.
Keeping your belongings insured makes sense for a variety of reasons. You insure your belongings when they’re in your home. Why wouldn’t you do the same when they’re being moved?
This is especially true for items that may be difficult to remove or may not be designed for relocation. You need to keep these items protected for your own peace of mind. And that’s why Top End Removals makes it easy to achieve exactly that with their insurance.
Understanding Insurance with Top End Removals
As a commercial removalist, Top End already offers you several levels of insurance and protection including the following:
- Marine & Transit: Protects your belongings on a vehicle in case of an accident or incident such as a fire or a flood. This is not protection against accidental damage to your belongings, however.
- Public Liability: Protects against injuries or other accidents.
- Professional Indemnity: This allows Top End to offer optional insurance to customers like you.
Why Optional Insurance is Important
While this coverage is comprehensive and competitive, it’s important for you to know that it may not cover everything. That’s why you should also include optional insurance for your removal.
Optional insurance meets directly where Top End’s own insurance stops to make sure you’re fully covered no matter what. The minimum coverage offered is $10,000. You can choose to increase coverage based on the value of whatever it is you’re moving.
You have plenty of options to decide exactly what type of coverage is appropriate for your specific needs:
- Restricted Cover: This protects you from similar incidents related to Top End’s coverage. However, you can set specific values to each item being transported to guarantee full coverage.
- Full Cover: This comprehensive coverage will protect specific items against accidental damage. This protection extends during the entire process – packing, moving boxes and during transit.
- Market Cost: This option willallow damaged items to be covered at their value minus depreciation.
- Replacement Cost: A new version of the item is bought. As the insurance itself is determined by taking a percentage of an item’s value, you should insure for more with this option.
How Does this Work?
Fortunately, Top End Removals makes it easy for you to get your insurance all set up and keep your belongings protected. Here’s how it works:
Once you get a quote for the removal, you’ll also be provided with a Product Disclosure Statement (PDS), a Financial Services Guide and an Insurance Declaration.
All you need to do is complete the Insurance Declaration alongside the rest of the information to ensure you’re covered.
Whether you’re moving across the block or across Australia, Top End Removals helps make the process even easier for you. Services include residential as well as commercial furniture removal and even weekend office removal. When you choose Top End and opt-in for the added insurance, you can rest assured that your valuables will stay protected from Point A to Point B.